JOB POSTING: Summer Marketing Assistant
This position is sponsored by Canada Summer Jobs. Applicants must meet the following;
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
This is a part time (15 hours per week) position that will run for 16 weeks. Responsibilities Included but not limited to;
- Maintain social media accounts for the Chamber of Commerce, as well as our tourism page ‘Discover Grand Forks’
- Post scheduled updates on all accounts in line with the social media plan provided.
- Create and/or edit blog posts that are submitted for the accounts and websites.
- Update websites with upcoming events as required
- Choose appropriate media to share on our channels that are of interest to our members and stakeholders
- Assist our membership with updating their directory listings as needed
- Take photos of our membership for our directory and various shop local campaigns.
- Attend and update monthly for the Discover Grand Forks Committee
- Assist in creating an updated social media plan for fall/winter 2021.
- Visually document events
- Various office duties as assigned; responding to emails, updating databases, assisting in creating a monthly newsletter.
- Event Assistance for online or in-person events sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce such as webinars, round-table discussions, community forms, and other online event hosting.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and Chamber of Commerce to apply.