JOB POSTING:Boundary Community & Business RecoveryAdvisor
CLOSING DATE: May 14, 2021 (will remain open until a suitable applicant is found)
This competition is limited to those eligible to work in Canada only. Preference will be given to applicants located within the Boundary Region. Applicants should be able to work remotely if needed. Office space will be available in Grand Forks.
This is a 1 year contract position funded through ETSI (Economic Trust of the Southern Interior). The position was created to assist businesses and rural communities in the Southern Interior with COVID-19 economic recovery. This position will report to the Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce but will also work closely with our community partners such as Community Futures Boundary, and Big White Chamber of Commerce.
The successful candidate should be a motivated self starter with excellent time-management and decision making skills. Great relationship building skills are a must. You will have a general knowledge of business and the Boundary region. You should have the ability to travel throughout the Boundary Region (when restrictions allow) with valid drivers license and vehicle.
- Create and maintain a regional inventory of businesses and support services for the region (Christina Lake to Big White).
- Create & implement a Communication Strategy.
- Business outreach and support including but not limited to business walks, round tables, business to business events, and facilitation of networking and training events. Establish a calendar of events for the region for B2B supports.
- Identify specific business needs and provide them with the appropriate resources.
- Complete a feasibility study to assist in supporting the attraction of new businesses to the area/or to support the expansion of existing business.
- Assist existing business to expand and pivot into e-commerce, online marketing, or product development.
- Work with community partners to implement downtown revitalization strategies acting as a voice for business.
- Provide support including, but not limited to, business planning, operational strategies, customer service policies, hiring strategies and marketing advice.
- Provides advice relating to economic development opportunities including assisting members of the business community with the approval process for grant applications.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Finance,Business Administration,Economics, Marketing, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to effectively use technology to conduct business.
The successful candidate may be required to work from their own home office and will be required to provide their own equipment and communication needs as well as providing evidence of required insurances (WCB) etc. A valid B.C. Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle for traveling is required. A criminal record check may be required.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Include hours of availability per week (up to 35) from June2021 – May 2022. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and Chamber of Commerce to apply.