Current Job Postings
Boundary Country Chamber of Commerce
Summer Marketing Assistant
Sponsored by “Canada Summer Job” program
We are looking for a new Executive Director!
The Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce Executive Director is responsible for the many activities of the Chamber of Commerce, following the bylaws and policy guidelines of the organization. As the Executive Director, they represent the Chamber Board of Directors and Officers in contact with the membership, with outside individuals, public agencies and officials, various organizations and groups, and with the general public; judgment and tact are required to foster positive and effective relations between the Chamber, community, and legislative bodies.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Chamber office .
- Coordinate a Strategic Planning Process for the organization; keep the organization on track to meet goals and agendas .
- Lead the Chamber’s communications (electronic, broadcast and print) with Members, partners, media, and community .
- Manage the financial and business affairs of the Chamber in conjunction with the Accounting company and Treasurer. Responsible for AP/AC for the Chamber programs like membership, gift cards, and other
- Act as the liaison between the Chamber and the City of Grand Forks. Ensure that the annual Fee for Service Agreement is in place and completed annually.
- Manage and lead all Chamber team members (ie. Staff, contract personnel, volunteers) .
- Execute programs that bring value to the membership.
- Work with the BoD to make arrangements for and participate in any BoD meetings; including such responsibilities as preparing agendas, sending meeting notices, distributing minutes, financial reports, etc.
- Seek out and apply for grants and funding opportunities that are relevant to the work of the Chamber and its function as a voice for local business
- Represent the Chamber at events; engage with the media, government officials, and other community partners; develop effective working relationships as such.
- Network with other Chambers on a regional, provincial and national level to represent the membership appropriately and to further develop professionally; liaise with the networks to develop new programs and member services offerings.
- Attend or arrange attendance to relevant conferences and meetings.
- Work with the BoD and its committees to enhance the BCRCC profile.
- Chair and oversee Discover Grand Forks (the DMO for Grand Forks) committee and ongoing projects; attend meetings with other tourism stakeholders and sub committees as required; research and complete relevant grant applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary degree in related field and/or equivalent experience, with demonstrated progressive experience in management roles.
- Knowledge of group processes, volunteerism, committee work, organizational structures, community issues and needs.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and financial reporting and management .
- Experience in fundraising, events management, marketing and sales.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport, work collaboratively, and build consensus.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to plan and deliver against multiple objectives, working independently, and while maintaining budgetary controls.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong Media and public relations skills to effectively articulate goals, objectives and policy positions.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in office administration;
- Experience with various technologies and software, including Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing platforms (eg Zoom), Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
- Keen interest in community economic development.
- Flexible work week (average 25 hours per week) with the ability to attend evening/weekend meetings or events.
- Travel within the Boundary region to promote member engagement.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license is required.
- Office space is shared with Community Futures Boundary and all office protocols in place are expected to be followed including but not limited to; signing of a confidentiality statement, and obeying all Health (including Covid) and safety protocols in place.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Boundary Country Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and Chamber of Commerce to apply